Advertisements

WENDY’s Old Fashioned Lemonade

28 Aug

Wendy’s has some damn good lemonade. They are calling it ALL-NATURAL LEMONADE and it’s made with cane sugar. When it’s good it is quite good. I will get to that in a minute.

I love me some lemonade. It’s actually hard to find fresh lemonade. Most places sell the Minute Maid stuff but I am not a fan.

Wendy’s has got it going on with this new lemonade because it’s the perfect blend of sour and sweet. It’s very tart up front and then the sweetness kicks in. It’s just yummy. It also comes in strawberry-lemonade if you wish.

On a tangent – why does the new Wendy’s logo have the word MOM obviously worked into the necklace/collar ??

On a more important tangent — Lemonade – in my research – is three ingredients. Water, Lemons, and Sugar. The formula is not anything magical. The mixture of said ingredients also seems pretty self-explanatory.

SO WHY IN THE BLOODY BLUE HELL IS LEMONADE SO EXPENSIVE? Every where I go — if I can even FIND fresh lemonade— it’s gotta cost almost TWICE as much as a regular drink? This medium lemonade (while awesome) was two-bucks-and-change. For three ingredients. I know the “juice is worth the squeeze” analogy but damn. Everybody’s lemonade is HIGH.

My other issue is consistency. I have had this medium lemonade five times now. Three times it was absolutely perfect. The other two it was very watered down. Good…but not the same. Oddly all five times I also ordered a small lemonade for my road-dog and the small size was perfect every time. I tried them for comparison. So it makes me wonder if this is made fresh per cup or what. Why would the small size be perfect each time and the medium be watered down every other time?

Things that make ya go hmmmmm…..

Advertisements

8 Responses to “WENDY’s Old Fashioned Lemonade”

1. Tam Pie August 24, 2014 at 5:38 pm #

They have it in a mixer thing constantly mixing, so it’s unlikely they were made separately. More likely, they had some pre-served and not bought and they gave you the ones sitting around, after the ice melted a bit. That’s my theory.

And their lemonade ROCKS.

• junkfoodcritic August 25, 2014 at 11:00 pm #

that makes me shake my head in disgust if that were there case. I am paying 2-something for that sucker- don’t give me the old-sitting-there-unsold-one at least – jeez!!

2. Lori April 1, 2015 at 12:35 pm #

I just had the lemonade and it was good. I did notice the employee only fill half the cup with lemonade and then proceed to put half ice. When I complained he did fix me a new one but he showed me there are actual lines on the cup as to where to fill the lemonade and the rest ice. I think I might just start asking for no ice.

• Simone October 9, 2015 at 11:57 am #

I ALWAYS ask for no ice and I get the medium it’s always been perfect. So glad there is an option with no HFCS!

3. Lucy May 4, 2015 at 4:23 pm #

I work at a Wendy’s. The lemonade is made from concentrate and it’s by the company Odwalla. It comes in a cardboard thoe container, like some orange juices, and I believe it’s 1 quart, and we are supposed to put in 3 quarts of water (usually tap) and then bring it to the front and into the bubbler machine. The purpose of the bubbler is because the concentrate has a lot of pulp, so it needs to keep moving so it wont settle. Strawberry lemonade is the same, but we add a splash of strawberry puree, which is super sweet and tastes like liquidy strawberry preserves.

• junkfoodcritic May 6, 2015 at 1:47 am #

Lucy thank you SO much for all the Lemonade details! Please keep in touch. I would love to have you as my “Wendy’s Insider” to answer all my questions I have about that place. Take care. thanks again!

4. Kenny B January 16, 2016 at 11:50 am #

Wendy’s “fresh squeezed” is anything but. It comes in frozen concentrate which is then thawed and mixed with water.

5. Skelley April 8, 2017 at 1:40 pm #

I purchase a large lemonade with no ice as I find it’s the ice that makes it taste non perfect so if you want it to be perfect No ice please