Advertisements

TASTE TEST: Doritos Dinamita

9 Apr

These chips will kick your ass.

I am totally serious.

The flavour these little babies pack will knock you right out of your bobby socks.

I ran across these at Dollar General and was curious.

The COOL thing is that these chips are rolled up. Like mini flautas or something. I like this because this means the chips don’t break in the bag.

No chance of getting a bag of crumbs here. I think Doritos should make rolled versions of all chips. I would buy them.

Another reason they are rolled, I suspect, is that that is how these little bad boys sneak up and pull your pants down.

The outside is covered…and I mean COVERED in a red chile’ dust. If you thought Doritos and Cheetos left you with orange fingers…..you ain’t seen nothing.

I thoughtlessly wiped my hand off on my pants after a couple of handfuls and it looked like I had been in a gunfight.

So you have that going on, and then the INSIDE of these tubes are dusted with the LIMON.

And it’s ALOT OF LIMON. The two flavours together wage a battle in your mouth that is of Optimus Prime vs. Megatron proportions.

So if you like spicy, kick-y, in your face taste….I have the chips for you.

These things are DINAMITA!!!

Advertisements

7 Responses to “TASTE TEST: Doritos Dinamita”

1. ALBA April 13, 2012 at 12:30 pm #

You need to Try Takis Fuego!! They are the Real Deal!!

• junkfoodcritic April 15, 2012 at 4:01 pm #

oh? Thanks for the tip Alba, I will start looking for them! Thanks for reading!

• Fish2dmax November 13, 2013 at 8:07 pm #

Agreed.Takis are the real deal. Doritos is a copy.

2. jycrocks April 19, 2012 at 12:45 am #

I found these at a gas station not too long ago and decided to give them a try and have to say that I LOVE them, they are indeed the best thing that Doritos has ever come out with. I just love how crunchy and spicy they are w/out tasting too corn chippy (if that makes sense). Also tried the Nacho Picoso flavor; it’s ok, but the chile limon is definitely the best! =)

• junkfoodcritic May 4, 2012 at 10:59 pm #

isn’t it COOL when you stumble upon something like that? You try it thinking…uh…maybe…and then you’re knocked out cuz it’s cool!?!?! Love that. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on my blog. I am glad to hear you liked them as much as I did!

• Tiffany September 20, 2012 at 11:17 pm #

I def agree, the chile limon are the best. They are awome! Cant find them near me though

3. Docks August 19, 2012 at 4:01 pm #

I’m really used to hot foods and have had most of the hot series from Frito Lay, it helps that my Dad works for them so I can get my hands on the samples that they give some employees b4 they release. He told me about these things and I just got some today, it’s not the hottest ever…I believe I remember the “Doritos 3rd degree burn” being a tad hotter, but that was over 2 years ago. Maybe I can find a bag of each and write my own review one day, but I’m pretty sure they were discontinued :(. Guess I’ll do 2nd degree.

ACTUAL OPINION-
    These taste pretty good but it’s hard to truly admire the taste because you’re probably going to be chuggin’ milk, or wishing you were!
    You probably aren’t going to want to buy these to casually eat, but if you’re having some buddies over, definitely get your hands on them πŸ™‚

Nice blog post πŸ˜‰